HOW TO SAFELY RELOCATE AND RETURN TO YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
THE UNFORTUNATE CORONAVIRUS
COVID-19 has put a stop to the normal routines of everyday life in the U.S. While social distancing is the course of action to take until we learn otherwise, we’ve implemented many new health and safety procedures to make sure it is done as safely and efficiently as possible.
For many people, a moving date is not flexible. If your lease is ending or if you previously sold or purchased a home with an upcoming closing date, or your office is relocating in any sense, it’s important that you have access to the critical services that can allow you to relocate. While cities and states across the country have ordered the temporary closure of “non-essential” businesses, Business Relocation Services has been operating as an essential business in full capacity since the start of the pandemic.
What is BRS Doing Differently?
BRS is taking the coronavirus pandemic very seriously. To that end, we have put into place protocols designed to protect our employees and customers. These include:
- BRS adheres to and goes beyond federal and local covid-19 guidelines and sanitation recommendation.
- Implementing software to conduct virtual surveys for contact free estimates.
- Daily sanitizing of trucks and equipment.
- Practicing social distancing with all clients and with our field crews whenever possible
- Mandated our field staff wear our newly made double layered cloth mask provided by BRS at all times when on a job site.
- Stocking every truck and crew with hand sanitizer and extra PPE for every job.
- BRS offers free estimates on space planning for post pandemic office social distancing and is a certified installer for the biggest glass divider manufacturers in the country.
All of these practices help ensure that our moving services can remain available in a safe way. A virtual move estimate is also an option here at BRS.
Important Tips for Moving During the Coronavirus Pandemic
If you’re not sure about protocols for moving during the coronavirus protocols, you are certainly not alone. Here are some of the key takeaways.
- Let us know right away if you or anyone in your family is experiencing coronavirus symptoms. Transparency is very important for keeping everybody safe. We will still work with you, but will put additional protocols into place to protect our workers. In addition to letting BRS know if you suspect the illness among yourself or a family member (or have a diagnosis), let us know if you are isolating due to exposure, since the same risk mitigating steps should be taken.
- We provide hygiene products for our movers. To aid our movers in following necessary hygiene practices, be sure to leave out products that they can use while they transport your items to and from the moving truck. That includes soap and paper towels by the sink, and hand sanitizer by the door that they’ll be entering and exiting through. If you’re concerned about having enough supplies, let us know so we can be sure to bring them along for use during the move.
- Being smart when moving during the pandemic requires that you follow all of the standard pandemic rules and apply them to your move. Social distancing and sanitization requirements need to be upheld while moving.